> > > dsereta...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > >
> > > I thought the Yorks were pretty bulletproof.

> > Curt wrote:
> >
> > Powerful too and don't suffer with a 134a conversion as bad.

> dsereta...@yahoo.com wrote:

> Which doesn't suffer from a 134a conversion?

I think Curt was saying the York better manages the conversion
better.  Is that what you are asking?

Or are you asking in general?  As is "what compressor or system
does the best with a conversion?"

R134a is a higher pressure system, so the compressor has to
manage that.

And R134a is less dense, so each c^3 of gas carries less heat,
so to have matching cooling capacity, a R134a system will have a
bigger compressor, bigger evaporator, and bigger condenser.

Therefore, a converted system will _always_ be undersized
compared to it's original design.

--   Philip