Trent needs to buy a neglected 240D and spend his weekends fixing it. That will establish rapport with the rest of us on the list and introduce him to the nature of the beasts.
Gerry

From: "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com>
While I think it has already been said, the advantages Rusty provided weren't price, but the understanding of what was acceptable as a quality part and what wasn't. I don't have an issue paying more for a quality part - I have been amazed as I have re-entered the MB world with the 140 and seen the flood of substandard, rather, crappy parts, that are coming out of China, such as those under the URO brand.

Do consider that there are some online parts suppliers that give you a choice, such as Rock Auto, but their support is marginal at best, and they often attempt to pad their margins with outlandish shipping charges.

Case in point: I have a discount voucher from Rock Auto for something I bought for one of the Focuses. I thought I might see what a set of front brake rotors would cost for the 140. I found the same brand that I would buy from Rusty, which was close to the same price as Rusty's web site. From Rusty there was no shipping cost. Rock Auto wanted over $40 for shipping!!!

I will give Rusty's replacement the benefit of the doubt and see how he does, as I am sure others will. I would also expect that fellow list members will share their experiences here so we can properly vet him and also help him assimilate into our world.

We can take advantage of his newbie-ness to help him understand what our expectations are and how he can best meet our needs.

Dan