Dieselhead wrote:
If you park in your garage, it makes it more difficult for the lokel yokels to sniff you out and find you. However, if the lokel yokel see you on the road often and remembers, you are most likely toast. rules and enforcement vary by state. in the 70s, we had to take the furrin licensed pickup truck out of state once a month and prove it with gas receipts etc. It was highly suspect because it was licensed in Kansas.

I guess RI and MO don't care as much as IL does.
My nephew in law moved to RI 5-6 years ago, then to MO about a year later.
Two years ago he moved back to CA, with his SUV still wearing the CA tags that expired when he was in RI. Since he had been gone so long, CA DMV had forgotten that he owed several years of back license fees when he re-registered it.