Casey,

I don't know for sure, but I can't see why that would NOT work, as
long as the center hub diameter is correct. Remember the MB's are
hubcentric, so that is a big deal. There are a *lot* of MB factory
wheels in the 16x7.0 and 16x7.5 size with correct offset, at pretty
decent prices if you're patient (say, $400 or less for a set with used
tires). Do you just not like the looks of most of them? I had a set of
202 Sport wheels, and 208 (CLK) wheels, on my white car. Photos here,
in case you missed them:

W202 Sport:
http://www.w124performance.com/images/cars/87_300D_white/new_wheelsL.jpg

C208: