From: Dieselhead <126die...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sun, Mar 24, 2013 2:27 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: Hooked on oxys [was: Re: Ripping me open [was: Re:
Autohaus AZ]]

Correct.  Nothing eliminates pain.  Pain is there to keep us from
hurting ourselves and to allow healing.

I do not even let the dentist use Novocaine.  The drill is annoying,
but the pain is not that bad.  When I get out of the chair, it is
over.  When they use Novocaine,  you are out of commission for at
least half a day.  Overcoming pain is more a matter of mind over
matter.  This position is not without experience.  My back was nearly
broken over 40 years ago.  It hurts right now.  But it is a minor
annoyance.

Having the right mindset, laughing, and keeping busy are the best
medications for pain.

I believe there are less addictive medicines available, if medicine
is necessary.