On 08/04/2013 2:15 PM, Fmiser wrote:
On 06/04/2013 9:37 PM, Alex Chamberlain wrote:

Also, the wire goes stale after a while, and even
good-quality wire that has been sitting in the garden shed
for a year or so is only going to frustrate you.
Randy Bennell wrote:

I think, that what happens, is that the wire oxidizes.
If that's the case, then storing it in the freezer should slow
down the oxidation.

--     Philip

But, it is a bit of a pain to take it off of the machine and put it back on etc. Although, it might be a good idea if you buy an extra roll when it is on sale, to keep it well sealed and maybe in the freezer too.

OR, vacuum bag it!

My wife just bought a kitchen appliance that seals food in plastic bags after sucking the air out. It is a cool doodad. She buys fresh meat in fairly large trays at Costco and then divides it up into smaller packages and freezes it. We were getting some freezer burn on packages that got a bit lost in the freezer so she is trying this to see if it helps.

Randy