Curt wrote:
> I think yours must be a problem of location. My dad un-retired 6 years
ago. Got a job as a landfill manager making more money than he had been
making as a PE.

That is a great story.
I think my tenure is over, partially by choice, partially by age, partially
by concern for other people.  If it is at all true that there are many
young people without jobs and college debt, I would rather have them take
the seat I occupied during the years I put lines on paper.  Hanford would
have been a good place to retire, had we done that route of career.  I
started my employment in the engineering field as a pencil pusher and
exited (laid off) as a pencil pusher (AutoCAD), physics/math degree.  I
liked what I did, we had fun in life, but this planet is too messed up to
desire any more of this jazz.  I consider the years of employment that I
knew to be somewhat of a haze out of which I have escaped.  No income, tiny
tiny savings, not old enuf for 'entitlement' retirement, no retirement,
old, decrepit - it's time to be happy to be gone, really, but that is not a
call I make myself, so I hang around.  The haze that income and retirement
is required for this american life is a trap we refused 40 years ago, which
has come to roost, so be it.  Let the hippies die in the dark.
mao
mao