Have any of you a recommendation on this type of vacuum pump for evacuating an auto a/c system?

                http://www.tooldiscounter.com/ItemDisplay.cfm?lookup=MAS91200

I am planning for the tools I need to work on my own a/cs . I have an air compressor (with 30 gallon tank) that claims to put out 5.7 cfm @ 90 psi. So perhaps I can get by with something like the above unit rather than pay several times as much for an electrically powered pump? The comments on the a/c sites vary a lot. I was hoping some of you trustworthy fellows had experience with such like.

Also I am looking for thoughts on what I guess are the hydrocarbon substitutes for R 134, such as Envirosafe and Freeze 12. I tried some Envirosafe in a 20 year old Porsche R12 system last year and it is working well so far.

My most pressing need is to activate the (up until now R 134) system in my cab tractor before hay season starts in June. The compressor locked up last fall. I have a new compressor and dryer, and a set of a/c gauges.

My 83 300SD was converted to R 134 by a dealer's shop about 12 years ago. It is still working but the compressor is getting rumbly.

     Thanks for your help,

     Dave Gilmore, Cameron WV

     Everyone looks good in overalls.