Since I have the old thermostat off, I am going to
boil test it if it opens at all. 120C is well over the
100C fully open point so if it opens then the problem
must be elsewhere.

We can pretty much rule out the radiator because I
just remembered that last night when I was swapping
the thermostats I didn't put it in right the first
time. So while I was filling from the upper radiator
hose it flowed out from the inproperly installed
thermostat - so the flow in the radiator was free just
by gravity.

I will double check to make sure I don't have the
"cold pressurized upper hose" symdrome tonight.

Tan