I think Marshall got the numbers confused. I just checked the
OM602/603 factory  manual, section 20-005. The chart there says that
non-turbo 602 engine t-stats start opening at 85C, and are fully open
by 100C. However the turbo 602 and 603 engine t-stats start opening at
80C, and are fully open at 94C. Either way is somewhat irrelevant, as
both should be fully open by the time a pot of water is boiling, for
test purposes.

:-)

+dm