Yes, another reminder - it doesn't really take much power to get the suction/siphon started. 'Could probably start the HOT oil siphon by mouth if one were foolish enough (I'm not) to try it. It's all done by nature (atmospheric pressure) after the oil reaches top of the hump in the evac tube, anyway -- after the siphon is started, one could POSSIBLY remove the vac hose from the receiver, and let nature do it.

Wilt

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mitch Haley" <m...@voyager.net>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, April 26, 2013 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Topsider Oil removal

Rick Knoble wrote:
On Apr 26, 2013, at 9:01 AM, "Dan Penoff" <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

I have been thinking of putting a five gallon paint bucket to use as an extraction unit - here's what I was thinking - please offer any critiques:

I used to use a five gallon bucket as a topsider before. The shop vac creates enough suction to collapse the bucket.

I've decided that what my 5 gallon sucker needed was a sizable vacuum leak where the shop-vac attached to the bucket.

Mitch.