Tan,

Refresh my memory. Did the problem happen overnight, meaning the car
has been running at 100C for a while and suddenly popped to 120C? Or
has it gradually been climbing from 100C to 120C over the past
months/years? If it was an overnight thing, I'd lean towards the water
pump as suspect - or at least worth a closer look. You can always
re-install it if the impeller is properly attached and intact.

If the problem has been slowly getting worse, with temps higher every
few months, I would *strongly* suspect the radiator is bad (corroded
internally). It may flow just fine, but be unable to transfer heat
properly. This assumes the fins are all clean in the condenser AND
radiator.

The bubble theory mostly applies to when the cooling system is first
filled. If you've been driving the car for months, a bubble should NOT
just suddenly appear out of nowhere.

:-)

-Dave M.