From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Tan Qu
Sent: Thursday, December 29, 2005 5:04 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] SOS - '87 190Dt Overheat! -update

I don't have an infared temp meter so I have to come
up with something else to get the block temp.

Now, if the pump is ok, water should come out the
upper radiator hose even with thermostat in, right?

How likely is that the temp sensor is bad? Where is
the sensor located that is connected to the gauge? I
know there is one right below the thermostat housing
and one near the upper radiator hose. I actually
disconnected both both the gauge still registered
120C. Is there a third temp sensor that I don't know
of?

Tan

=== message truncated ===