Just clear out the concrete around the root, put down some gravel or that permeable paving stuff.

--R

On 5/12/13 4:00 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
I do, too, and it pains me to have to take this wonderful tree down.  That
being said, at least it's Florida, and whatever we plant to take its place will
grow quickly to replace it.

I'm planning on putting a couple of trees in our (west) side yard to provide
some shading of the house in the afternoon.  Don't care what they are as long
as they provide shade.

Dan