'Had a real tree pro here yesterday to remove two relatively small trees. One of 'em was a magnolia soulangiana (large, pink, tulip-like flowers) way too close to the house and always making a "mess" our side steps and terrace/patio. About four feet above ground, the single 22" trunk branched into four 10" trunks that soared 35 feet or so above side of house for way too long. Tree guy already had one of the trunks down when I got home from IVIG treatment at 1000. It was a pleasure to sit out in yard and watch him in action up in the tree, planning each cut and each fall - never touched/damaged nearby house, windows, power line, steps/stoop railing, brick wall, wooden gate, hedges, dogwood trees, flower beds, etc. Guy was very careful, methodical and thoughtful the entire time, not only for his own safety and that of his crew, but also took great care to protect my property.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Hendrik and fay" <heni...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Saturday, May 11, 2013 4:29 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT: chain saw danger

One of the most important things is to keep it sharp and lubricated.
Blunt saws will get hot and stretch the chain.
Plan what you are doing and use ropes to pull the cut limbs in the direction you want them to go. Be very careful if using a saw on a ladder, sometimes you gotta know when to get a pro in. Most saws these days have chain brakes but if you use it at the wrong angle you can get into difficulty.

Hendrik
who has two chain saws