On May 28, 2013, at 10:52 AM, "Mike Esh" <michael...@mac.com> wrote:

> You're looking for something _easier_ than a bucket of ice water?'
>
> Update on cold water application - Dousing the injection pump when the car
> would not start was successful!  I tried it 5 different times during a no
> start situation. After applying hose water for 30 to 60 seconds it started up
> within 5 seconds.  (Thanks to Jim for the suggestion and easiest trouble
> shooting method I have ever used. )
> Does this indicate a worn injection pump?  If so, can it repaired in place or
> do I replace it?

Documented proof WVO isn't good for an injection system.
Having an injection pump rebuilt is quite expensive. Find a junkyard one and
hope it hasn't been run on WVO. Benzboys(?) in Central Michigan should have
one.

Mike Canfield and Rick Hawkins should probably do the same, for spares.

Attaboy to Grant.

Rick
Sent from my iPhone