Time to rebuild or replace it.

If the pump is responding to the "cold water test" it's an indication of
internal wear to the point where it is time for a complete tear down and
bench rebuild, from my experience.

If I recall, this car is using cooking grease? It's been my experience most
recycled cooking grease has not been properly filtered and the viscosity is
higher which accelerates wear on injection pumps and injectors.

I have regular contact with a pump shop and they recently made the decision
to not take cores from grease cars.. 24 out of 25 cores were determined
BER.. Beyond Economical Repair.

Grant... AZ