From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of G Mann
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 11:24 AM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] SVO and IP issues was RE: 1984 300D - won't start when hot.

I agree that SVO viscosity is a critical element in accelerated wear of the IP.
While our natural tendency is to look for only one damage factor, in this case,
I believe the additive effect of all elements work to decrease the useful
service life of the IP.

I am active on another diesel only board that deals with Ford trucks with
Indirect Injection [pre 1994] and several members there run WVO as well as
Waste Motor Oil [50/50 blend with diesel]. What is happening with the IP's on
those applications patterns after what I've seen on others. Early failure.
Seems the average life is about 2 years instead of the average of
10 seen with Petro Diesel only.

"Run cheap fuel, buy expensive parts" seems to be the mantra.

Grant... AZ

Confidentiality Note: The information contained in this message
may be privileged and confidential. If this e-mail contains
protected health information, you are hereby notified that any
strictly prohibited,except as permitted by law. If you have
received this communication in error, please notify the sender
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.  Thank you.