On Sat, 22 Jun 2013 18:47:02 -0500 Mountain Man <maontin....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> There is nothing bad to say about CSpgs except that today it appears as
> if the idiocy of housing development that is the ruination of much of
> the beauty we knew 25 years ago is relentless.

It's amazing the changes that have occurred.

> We learned to enjoy the wonder of the beauty of the grasses in all
> seasons especially the Fall when they dried out and the colors were
> immense.  Plenty of natural diversity and beauty in all the open land
> that we knew.  Golden eagles 2-miles from home, antelope, 60-mph dirt
> road, raw milk - life was memorable.

We had deer, antelope, LARGE owls, badgers, skunks ....

We also had a 523' deep well. Once we got rid of the iron-fixing
bacteria, the water was fine.

> Craig can chime in - he lived north of where we lived.

I was listening to Tom Minnery of Focus on the Family talking about the
Black Forest fire (where we lived before we moved out to the plains). He
said that it's much drier there now than it was 20 years ago. I thought
it was dry enough then.

Craig