I also wonder if it is better to use the WD40 in the liquid state rather than aerosol cans of it.

Randy

On 02/07/2013 1:41 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:
Snowmobile engines and exhausts tend to get all rusty after a couple years,
they live in a difficult environment after all. That said I know a guy who,
every spring soaks the whole engine in WD40 as part of his summerizing (like
winterizing but backwards) procedure. His machines always look like new under
the hood. The only machine I've ever seen that still had all the paint on the
exhaust after a couple seasons riding was one of his.

-Curt

Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2013 12:22:49 -0400
From: Rich Thomas <richthomas79td...@constructivity.net>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 240D hood release.

Yeah it leaves sort of a sticky brown gunky residue, most of it
evaporates but I have noticed that residue after some long time.  My
in-laws are quite fond of it at the Nantucket house, which is right
close to the water, and it gets a lot of salt spray and air, so stuff
tends to corrode and seize up.  They spray that stuff all over
everything, and over time the gunk builds up and it does not move
anyway.  I think I took some LPS or light spray lube of some sort one
time, and the various family members told me it was no good.  Go
figure.  Not my headache except every coupla years if I get there, so I
did not fight it.

--R