Luther said:
>  I made one using a short (1/2" or 3/4") length of 1" PVC pipe, some
washers, a bolt, and nut.

I'm having a bit of trouble picturing this without more details...

Then Dan said:

> I can't link to the actual page, but if you go to Baum Tools and choose
> Mercedes for the make, "All" for the section and use "bushing" for the tool
> name, it will come up first in the search results.
>
> http://www.baumtools.com/search/index.php

AHA!  Now why did nobody tell me that existed when I had to change mine
last summer?  I did it with two pairs of Harbor Freight bent-top
needle-nose pliers and a LOT of swearing, but I can see how it would be a
cinch with the right tool.

Here is the direct link to the picture, BTW, but you will have to go
through Dan's link to get the part number:
http://www.baumtools.com/search/_bb_images/images/b7200.jpg

Alex