My initial thought, too, was that somebody must've, fallen out the back when the empennage broke off.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Andrew Strasfogel" <astrasfo...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Sunday, July 07, 2013 10:10 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Cause of Frisco crash: Poor piloting plus no glide path?

Well, so much for the adage  that the safest part of the plane is in the
back...  The two victims sat in the last row.

On Sun, Jul 7, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Peter Frederick <psf...@earthlink.net>wrote:

Well, it definitely hit the seawall, and perhaps the water before it hit
the seawall. Note the bright colored skin from the bottom of the tail all
crushed into a roll right by the tailcone.

Looks to me as if the main gear on one side and the tail hit the seawall,
and the loss of the main gear on one side made the plane uncontrollable (to
say nothing of losing the tail empennage at a critical point).

Too low, rotated too far, but why will take some time to figure out.

One hell of a tough airplane to stay nearly intact with most of the doors
functional after that sort of impact.

Peter