Korean airline, not subject to FAA rules in terms of pilot training, etc except where they agree to it.

Something was seriously wrong, the pilot flying the plane has landed 747's at SFO multiple times and there isn't THAT much difference between airframes on landing technique -- stay at the correct speeds, keep to the glide slope, etc. Nobody, especially a large aircraft pilot with 10k hours of flying time, is going to "seat of the pants" a plane full of passengers.

We will see, but I wouldn't attribute the crash to "stupid pilot" until we have a much better idea of what happened and why.

Pete