OK,

Here is what I just did... I put the miti-vac (mv) on the IP where the brown line comes in... and turned off the key and pulled a vacuum.... result = engine shut off...

Then I did the same thing but atached the mv to the brown line going into the key... reuslt = engine shut off

Then I did the same thing to this...  result =  engine shut off
http://www.pictureblogger.com/Mercedes/dscn0989

Then I just put my thumb on this blue hose like in the picture... result = engine shut off.

Then I did the same thing to the line with the green valve.. result = engine shut off...

Well that line that comes off the greene valve is "black" and goes to the tranny... I looked down and followed that line... I could see the green connection on the tranny with the hoes sitting next to it...viola... problem solved.

Thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!

Jason

Jim Cathey wrote:

And if this is the case... why won't my car turn off?

Another thing I noticed at the same time was the trany is now shifting really hard. It never did this

All part of the same thing.  With vacuum problems (leaks) the
HVAC doesn't work right, the doors don't lock/unlock, the car
won't shut off, and the tranny shifts hard.  They're all
vacuum-driven!  You need to find whatever is disconnected,
or more likely cracked in half, and fix it.

-- Jim