A little off topic

The w220 is one of the new, long period lubrication engines.  Previous cars got
regular oil swaps between 3-6k miles.  They probably got driven a bit more as
well.  I never noticed sludge, except on Gump after the cam tower broke and I
stopped driving it.  A few month later the sludge covered the cam lobes.

I got the S430 with 104k miles and around 800 miles until it wanted an A
service.  Drove it for 1200 miles before the oil change.  Before the trip (SEA
to DEN in 20 hours) I removed the filler cap and found some thick sludge like
crap.  I thought the trip would thin it out.  Service B is in 8k miles.  I
think the shop used  a Shell full synth.

Should I use a SeaFoam or other cleaner in 3k and change the oil?  Will that
cut through the sludge?

clay

2002 s430 - Victor, a Stately & well tailored chap
1974 450sl -  Frosch - Two tone green
POS 1987 SDL - Beware Nigerian Scammers