Thanks for that -- My memory as usual has let me down...

Larry

On 7/22/2013 12:31 PM, Dieselhead wrote:
Actually, MS sold IBM an operating system they did not have, and scrounged around until they found a company that had created an (illegal) "technical reference clone" of CPM using 16 bit instructions rather than the 8 bit 8080 instructions. If founder of Digital Research (who IBM had turned down) had been more interested at that point, he could had easily sued and closed MS down even during the Reagan years.

Scrounge, copy, patch, swipe, outright steal, strongarm, sue has been the MS modus operandi since inception, and it shows.

Peter

Well, Billy bob's daddy is a high priced shyster. The acorn don't fall fer from da tree. Scrounge, copy, patch, swipe, outright steal, strongarm, sue has been the lawyer modus operandi for decades.