From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
On Behalf Of Ed Booher
Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 7:57 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: Re: [MBZ] computer question no mb

On 1/2/06, Barry Stark <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sometimes pressing or tapping various
> places on the M/B seems to either correct the video or make it worse.

Sounds to me a little like the board may have been damaged, most likely with
the addition or removal of a PC card. If pressing or tapping causes a
changes it means the print paths have breaks in them.
When you replace the board, make absolutely sure you use *all* the
motherboard stand offs the board has holes for, they are there to properly
support it. In fact, I've taken to adding non conductive / static free foam
(similar to what the board sits on when new, but usually that isn't thick
enough for support use) underneath all the ATX machines I work on for
friends / family / servers to provide even more support.

I've cracked two boards completely in half because they were not properly
supported and like an idiot I was pressing down to get the card to seat and
*snap*

Check out both http://www.geeks.com and http://www.newegg.com .. Geeks sells
refurbed and used stuff mostly, and they do not currently have a board that
will accept your RAM but they have new stock all the time.

Or, you could take this opportunity to upgrade to a new Mac

--
Knowledge is power... Power Corrupts. Study hard... Be Evil.