Thanks Scott - sorry for the delayed reply -- will check the vacuum homes...

LarryT
91 300D

On 7/4/2013 11:40 PM, Scott Ritchey wrote:
I don't know how your engine compares to the 617 turbo, but when my 82 300SD
started running like a pig the problem was a leaky boost signal to the ALDA.
On my car there is a switchover valve that dumps the boost pressure (to the
ALDA) when it gets an electrical command from the transmission.  Most of the
boost pressure signal hoses are the hard type but there were two short
lengths of soft rubber hose at the switchover valve and they had
deteriorated to the point they vented the boost pressure signal.  I replaced
them with a couple short lengths of vacuum hose and all wasOK.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Larry T
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 11:29 PM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Transmission W124 91 300D

Thanks Peter - I hope the WSM has a way to check it? if it's bad, is
there any "fixing" or is it just "replace"?

Do you recall the price if that's the problem?   I seem to remember
someone saying they blanked off their EGR - wouldn't that kill the
Boost?  Also -  is there any kind of Filter on the EGR?

I will be checking the WSM for these fixes, but I always ask the experts
1st vs the WSM which was probably written with a bunch of lawyers
looking over their shoulders  ;-)

Thanks -
LarryT