at least you'll find outhow negotiable the price really is. It does sound like lot of work -- and these cars are not very easy to work on with very expensive parts. Also consider the cost of labor - even if you can do some yourself, most people can't -- I suggest you add labor and material to do all the work needed -- no matter what, it will only be worth 12-15K if in spectacular condition - they don't seem to bring much more unless _/pristine/_. Also, there are an awful lot of those cars around - If it were me I'd wait for a next generation SL as they look much more modern than the w107 chassis. Not sure about the late 80s but the earlier 450SLs didn't get very good mileag - a consideration in the day of $5/gal gas. unless you're independently wealthy. ;-)

Good Luck --
Larry
91 300D