I don't know why people get "offended" by lowball offers.  If someone
make me an offer that is too low, I just say "sorry, I can't accept
that."  It's just an offer... not a personal insult!

What does annoy me is if somone says something like "would you take
$1,500" and then if I say yes, they backpedal and say something like
they are still looking around or want to think about it.  I now ask "are
you offering to buy it right now for that price?" before I answer.  Also
if I am buying I don't talk about price until I am ready to actually buy
the car.

Allan

Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> writes:

> Very true. However, this is Dad's old car and Dad isn't around any more, nor
> does there appear to be any sort of sentiment in his effort to sell.  Looks
> like it's taking up driveway space.
>
> I sent him a rather detailed note with my concerns and the justification for
> my offer.  If anything, he shouldn't be offended.  You can read between the
> lines in his very detailed description that deep down he knows this is a
> project car.  Around here it' s worth maybe $5000 if it was in good running
> condition.  Right now you can't move it out of the driveway without hitting
> it with a shot of ether.
>
> And if he is offended, well, TS.
>
> Dan
>

> On Aug 11, 2013, at 6:34 PM, Kaleb C. Striplin wrote:
>
>> I highly doubt he will take it. Usually they have to get 3 or 4 people
>> offering them that sort of money then they start figuring out that's what
>> they will get and take the next offer that comes along.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone

Allan Streib