I have a third generation (yes, that's third!) MB indie in town.  The father
(still living), two sons and a grandson or two are the business.  They have
forgotten more than the local stealerships will ever know.  When I had my W112
the old man used to get the giggles whenever I brought it in, because he knew
the chassis so well and rarely ever saw them.

I can deal with all of the issues it has, except paint. and to be honest I
would ignore it.  From what the guy is describing the car sat for an extended
time under a non-breathable cover in a shaded area (probably a car port.)  This
will almost always result in the failure of the clear coat, leaving it a milky
color that won't come out.  No fix for that short of a repaint.

The interior is scary, but color resolution in digital photos is not all that
great, so I wouldn't worry tht it's as bad as it looks.

Dan