I am sure they are in some border states and are gaining more ground every year. I am hoping they never get to Va and stay South !l

LARRYT
91 300D

On 8/11/2013 5:07 PM, Greg Fiorentino wrote:
I was putting up some wire fencing on the posts of a horse corral once with
one of those staple hammer-puller tools.  Unbeknownst to me there was a
yellow jacket nest between the post and the surrounding dirt.  They took
strong exception to the vibration I caused by hammering at the post, and
showed me their displeasure by stinging me a few times.

A little rotenone powder settled their hash!

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Larry T
Sent: Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:56 AM
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] wasps everywhere

Most wasps are non threatening to humans - it's the people who freak out and
run around trying to kill them.  I only try to remove yellow jackets who
build nests in the ground - it's too easy to not know they are there and get
stung when cutting the grass... the way they swarm it's possible to be stung
enough times to be serious...