Basically you're anti-city...

I wish there was a way to easily experience the good parts of city life, access to theater, good food etc while not having to live in the city or suburbs or not having to drive a million miles...

We live in what would be properly termed the exurbs, about 60-70 miles west of Boston.

-Curt

Proudly ant-city. But no, there are some cities l like. North or south of LA, i find tolerable. Oakland, seattle&metro area, portland, St Louis, The peninsula south of San fransicko, Milwaukee, Hotlanta, Dallas...etc. THe western 'burbs of Chicago, lost Wages.... All these are lovable, likable or tolerable at least. You might have noticed lost angeles was not on the list of holes. To me it is tolerable as long as you have a car or truck.

On the international list, there are many cities I love. London, Munich, Brussels, Napoli, Vancouver and Winnipeg come to mind. Paris is alternating between intolerable or barely tolerable.

Montreal seems interesting, but I have not been there.