How are the squiters, etc., there this time of year? 'Probably have 'em all tamed by now, eh?
They don't tame easily here, BTW.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "Randy Bennell" <rbenn...@bennell.ca>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 5:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] I cant believe it went this high

On 14/08/2013 9:12 AM, Dieselhead wrote:
On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Curt Raymond <curtlud...@yahoo.com> wrote:

I wish there was a way to easily experience the good parts of city life, access to theater, good food etc while not having to live in the city or
 suburbs or not having to drive a million miles...

I've got two words for you: college town.

Alex

Yep, My town of 30K has all the good parts of citylife without the hassle. A few years ago when the Stones were still rolling, I watched their matched set of busses roll along down I-80, then after driving by the coliseum, confirmed it was indeed their busses. It doesn't get much bigger name than the stones. Free concerts several times a week, lots of free entertainment, paid entertainment, whatever trips yer trigger if ya have time and money to indulge.

I had a free Paul McCartney concert on Monday evening. My house is less than a mile from the new stadium here and he played there on Monday.
My wife went to the concert and very much enjoyed it.
I walked out onto the berm and watched the flashing light show and listened to some of it from half a mile away. I believe there were people who took a lawnchair and sat on the sidewalk outside the stadium for the whole show.

Randy