I was indeed born poor. I did walk to school uphill. Although I wore shoes
in the winter.  I won a card game at age 10.. which gave me ownership in a
hay truck.. which, through sweat and hard work, hired helpers and ran a hay
operation that paid for flight school and college. That card game
investment, developed into other business ventures.. some aviation related,
that generated both large investments and large income supplying  parts for
airliners and business jets repaired by overhaul shops I had a stake in.
Other business opportunities were taken, along with attendant risks.. so in
effect it was still a poker game... all in, win or lose.
Land, Lumber, Livestocks, Materials & Equipment, Worldwide.  Keep track of
that for a while and you wake up tired most days.  Success is 90%
perspiration, 10% inspiration... 20 hr days and 7 day weeks. No vacations,
ever.

I bitch about the Sister of Satan ex.. but truth is.. I was never home.. my
mistress was business and profit.  Women have a short storage shelf life.

Being surrounded by acreage may seem exotic... but the attraction to me is
it's quiet.. there is no phone to ring 24/7, and I don't have to deal with
people. There is no grass to mow, no HOA to fight.  Just over friendly
rattlesnakes and desert..... and taxes.. can't forget those..

Hendrik is writing the screen play.. Gary will play the "naked fat biker"
part, I believe.. Don't have a clue how he will handle the mutant snake
thing.. Looks like I'll have the recluse eccentric part pretty well sewed
up..

With your kind permission.. this is the part where I kiss my horse and ride
into the sunset..

Grant...