'Sounds like airspeed and altitude in an airplane.  ;<)

Wilton
----- Original Message ----- From: "G Mann" <g2ma...@gmail.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 3:16 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT Rattlesnakes

Having come upon over 100 rattlesnakes in the past 24 months.. I guess I'm
something near PhD in Rattlesnake.. I've found them in all kinds of
places.. all which you would least expect.. they are the masters of stealth
attack..

Of the 100+ only 4 to date gave warning rattle..  something you should be
aware of.. Apparently, from discussions with Herpologist, the snakes that
rattle have been killed out of the breeding pool over the past generations
as man has further invaded their turf... those that survive go the the
stealth and strike posture.

Rattlesnake strike zone is, by rule of thumb, 2/3rd it's length.. stay
beyond that and your risk of getting hit goes down exponentially.  The
trick it to judge just how long the coiled snake is... live or die.. snap
judgement..  Strikes are lightening quick.. and multiple strikes are
normal.. faster than you can imagine.. Nature has made them the ultimate
hunter/killer machine.  They know all about you long before you discover
them and are ready.

Distance is your friend.. see one.. get some .

Grant...

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 7:30 AM, Rich Thomas <