From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Gerry
Archer
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:32 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Subject: [MBZ] Factoid

The Obama administration on Tuesday eased longstanding restraints on
humanitarian and good-will activities between Iran and the United States,
including athletic exchanges. It was at least the second American government
relaxation of Iranian sanctions this year and came as Iran's new president,
Hassan Rouhani, has signaled his desire to improve relations.

Mr. Rouhani, who was elected in June and took office last month, has said he
wanted to reduce Iran's isolation and to find a diplomatic solution to the
nuclear dispute. He has not specified whether Iran was prepared to make any
concessions, but in an interview on Iranian state television on Tuesday he
said that time for resolving the dispute was limited and that "I am hopeful
we can, step by step, solve this problem."

Comment?

-----
No virus found in this message.