The Chinese are already suffering the curse of the Asian Tiger. Remember in the
'80s when you (I was too young) were all crapping yourselves about the
Japanese? They were going to come over and buy everything and nothing was going
to be made here. Then they got a middle class and their kids got as dumb as our
kids and everything settled down.
China has an emerging middle class, everybody wants a car and 2.5 kids and an
ulcer and wants to be paid a middle class wage. Apple has already said the
iPhone 6 will be made in the USA, they'd already figured it would only take a
$30 increase in price.

Even though the trade laws have relaxed nobody is going to be shipping chicken
to China for processing, China is our largest importer of chicken feet. We
relaxed the trade restrictions so they wouldn't stiffen theirs. Everybody in
China is terrified of their food supply and won't feed anything made in China
to their kids. China is ripe for revolution, the party is slowly losing its
grip.

The USA is still a big manufacturing country, probably #2 in the world
(although theres a lot of "it depends" in there) with most of the stuff being
built here being high end as opposed to low end user crap.

I've been buying "Made in America" more and more lately. What are you doing
other than crabbing?

-Curt