Interesting synopsis which reinforces my belief: Iranians dislike America
because they have been indoctrinated to think that way.  "Culture" is a
powerful and pervasive factor that we Americans (actually most Westerners)
often fail to appreciate.  In a prior life, I was the Director of
Engineering at the F-16 program Office.  At that time (late 80s) 16
countries operated some version of the F-16.  The two cultural extremes I
found most interesting were the Japanese who were so "polite" it was hard to
determine what they were telling us and the Israelis who were so "direct"
that most would consider them rude.  The Japanese, by the way, didn't have
actual F-16s but were developing an indigenous fighter (FS-X) derived from
the F-16, it eventually became their F-2.