Some of us think that there is no point where a gasser makes sense when
buying a used truck.  A Diesel is going to last longer, on average, even if
not maintained well.  They only come in 3/4 ton or bigger so you get better
brakes, 10 ply tires that roll easier, bigger bearings and u-joints that
last longer and more.  They can be had for similar cost.

So, a200k mile used Diesel has better chances of being a good used truck
for the money even if is not as well cared for as a similar gas truck.

Odd logic I know but I have been hauling stuff all over the east coast and
around here hauling scrap and kids and a 3/4 ton Diesel works out to be the
best used value out there.  I would drive gassers if I could run and
maintain them for less money.

Mike