So then potentially I could fix it by just doing a resolder on as I did with the Climate control. That would be wonderful. I'll take one out in the next few days and give it a try.

Thanks to all who answered.

Manfred

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 18:27:28 -0700
From: Jim Cathey <j...@windwireless.net>

> > So what causes the [cruise] surge cycle in the engine?

It is when the PID loop in the CC amplifier gets out of
whack with respect to the mechanical response characteristics
of the car.

Yeah.  Usually I've found it to be bad solder joints within
the amplifier, causing it to react inappropriately to external
stimuli.  The servo motors can develop a bad spot on their
position feedback potentiometer, or there can be sticky
mechanisms.  But it's usually the amp.

-- Jim