Don't know which years it applies to but there was a Service Bulletin with instruction for adding a damper to the CC system to prevent surging. - my '91 has it & it works well except when going downhill.... It mounts on the front of the drivers front wheel well...

LarryT
91 300D
78 240D

On 9/20/2013 11:43 AM, WILTON wrote:
'Didn't use CC on my '87 300D for years because of the surging. 'Real pleasure to use it now with good amp.

Wilton

----- Original Message ----- From: "MG" <trainpain2...@aol.com>
To: <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Friday, September 20, 2013 10:42 AM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W124 cruise controls

Well it's not so much that it's not subtle. It's that in all the other vehicles I've driven including the Chevy van with diesel engine, the CC holds the engine at one RPM when going down a level road. My Mercedes 123s all keep changing rpm continuously up and down, kind of like they are obsessed with being exactly right on the the exact set ft/second rather then being OK with being at about 1 mph more or less like other cars. Sort of like some Asian drivers I've ridden with. They can't seem to hold their foot still on the gas peddle, continuous up and down like they're riding a bike or something.

May end up just not using the CC.

Manfred

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 19:16:55 -0400
From: "WILTON" <wilt...@nc.rr.com>

Mine was like that somewhat 'til I replaced the CC amp with known good one
from the SDL.  Now it holds speed very nicely and power applications are
very subtle and not annoying at all - very satisfying.

Wilton