Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:42:58 -0400
From: MG <trainpain2...@aol.com>
To: mercedes@okiebenz.com
Subject: Re: [MBZ] W124 cruise controls

Well it's not so much that it's not subtle. It's that in all the
other vehicles I've driven including the Chevy van with diesel
engine, the CC holds the engine at one RPM when going down a
level road. My Mercedes 123s all keep changing rpm continuously
up and down, kind of like they are obsessed with being exactly
right on the the exact set ft/second rather then being OK with
being at about 1 mph more or less like other cars. Sort of like
some Asian drivers I've ridden with. They can't seem to hold
their foot still on the gas peddle, continuous up and down like
they're riding a bike or something.

May end up just not using the CC.

Manfred