My cast iron cookware was passed to me from my great-grandmother, grandmother, and mother, I presume some of it is well past 100 years old as my ggm passed at like 98 back in the 80s, I think she got it when she got married, no telling who it came from or if it was new when she got it. So far it has held up well. My daughter hijacked a few pieces of it, if she keeps the line going I guess it will serve many more generations. I have 2 cornbread "corn" tins too, they are well used and loved.

I saw recently some dude has "reimagined" cast iron skillets, he has them shaped sorta hexagonal so there are corners to pour from, and heavy wire handles to pick up something cooler. Some of mine have little pouring lips, and a towel works fine for handling.

--R