my kid's english teacher can barely read.  abby has to explain what words
mean to her as she has a very limited vocabulary.  this teacher is bad
tempered and loses student's tests, then gives them a zero as a grade when
she can't find a test.  the school administration bends over backwards to
protect her against any criticism.

i think the problems are A LOT bigger that whether she is a contructivist
or a behaviorist.  in fact, i think talk of which a teacher is really
distracts from much of what the problem really is.  cliches just cover for
a lack of core competence in many public school teachers

On Sun, Dec 22, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com> wrote:

> I would also add that Contructivism is the flavor of the month for now.
>  This is the experiential style of learning promoted by Montessori, Piaget
> and Dewey.
>
> Just like the stock market, the pendulum will swing in the other direction
> in the future and Behaviorism (B.F. Skinner, Itard, etc.) will come back
> into vogue, no doubt.
>
> Dan
>
> On Dec 22, 2013, at 8:46 PM, Dan Penoff wrote:
>
> > It's by no means "touchy-feely" any more.  It's all data driven.  I see
> kindergarten teachers with 3" binders full of data they have collected on
> individual students.  It's all about the data now.
> >
> > Dan

> something
> war
> >>
> >> Loss of Deming/SPC methods seems evident in the education arena.
>  Correct?
> >> It seems that everything has turned touchy feely instead of discreet
> >> quantitative.  Everything.
> >> It can all be summarized as religion.  We live under totalitarian
> >> religious-industrial-complex.
> >> Don't say God.
> >> mao

*reliable vendor of superior parts for mercedes and other european cars*
*www.BuyEUROparts.com <http://www.BuyEUROparts.com>*