I believe, on close inspection, you will find the assembly guy wearing a
type of work glove that is a cotton glove with the fingers and palm coated
with some type of silicone like material that is both tough and oil
resistant.  The inside of the glove, being cotton is quite comfortable to
wear in a "hands on" work environment, as the cotton wicks away normal hand
sweat unlike nitrile or latex surgical glove.

I have been using this kind of work glove for the past two years rather
than leather. They are less expensive, hold up well, and cheap enough that
once contaminated, I don't feel cheated to dispose of them. Unlike leather
gloves.

The tactile feel of this kind of glove is surprisingly good in being able
to pick up small parts for assembly.

Once again, Herr Mann is right on. I finally broke down and bought a pair of these

http://www.harborfreight.com/mechanics-gloves-large-93640.html maybe a year ago.

Nice thing is, I don't get cut up or scratched up as much as working with bare hands. Much more comfortable over time than nitrile gloves. Kind of like wearing the naval officer's white gloves as far as feel goes, but much tougher. And, when I am done, I throw them and my bibs and shirt and whatever in the washer.

Wore 'em today.