I actually let it settle overnight.

-----Original Message-----
From: Hendrik and Fay <heni...@gmail.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Sent: Tue, Apr 22, 2014 8:06 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Oil Dip Stick Question 2004 E320 4matic

I think the number is 120589072100?
When did you check the oil? Straight after running it?
If so there will be oil all over the engine that needs to drain back.

Hendrik
whose cars have always come with a dipstick

On 23/04/14 09:21, Robert Koziak wrote:
> Hi All,
>

>     I know that 2004 E320 4matic doesn't come with an oil dip stick but I
> read
that one could be purchased so I researched and bought one that was supposed to
work.  I chose one made by a company named "Kommen - Model #KM808-M.  I changed
the oil a few days ago and completely drained the oil and replaced with exactly
8.5 quarts of Mobil 1.

>    My issue is that the instructions for the dip stick say that for my
Mercedes should have  high level reading of 16.8 cm and a low reading being
14.8
cm.  My measurement reads 11.0 cm and I am not sure why.  I did an electronic
check with the car's computer and it comes back "OK".  Any suggestions?

>     Has anyone purchased a Genuine Mercedes Dip Stick?  If so what is the
> part
number?