Robert Koziak wrote:
I was curious if it reads ok until it reaches the low level.  Is there any way
electronically to get an oil quantity reading?

My 1999 goes from 'OK' to 'add 1.0 quart'. The next stages are 'add 1.5 quarts' and 'add 2.0 quarts'. When it hits add 2.0 going down the road, you get an engine oil low alert on the message center. Since mine had 250k on the clock, if I add a cup at a time until it goes from 'add 1' to 'ok', within 7000 miles or so it'll be at 'low oil level'. Then I have to decide whether to dump an extra quart in, or change it despite it saying
'oil life 5200 miles'.
Mitch.