  From the little I've driven it I like the lighting on the 190D but I think
the larger issue is that I don't really think about the lighting very often. As
I say I've only ever driven one car I thought had inadequate lighting.
  Now complaining about obnoxiously bright lights on other cars, that I do alot.

  -Curt

  Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:21:49 -0700
From: "Dave M." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] CR report on headlight bulbs
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Curt,

It's possible you do have better eyes than most people. My night
vision ain't all that great, and if it's raining at night, that's even
worse. I'll take all the light I can get. Or, it may just be that you
haven't experienced REALLY good headlights, and are satisified with
stock 240D lights because you're used to them. Me, I've got two 124's
with Euro lights & relays, and another 124 with bone-stock DOT lights,
and the difference is huge. I've gotten comments from several
passengers about my Euro light setup, at least with the high beams on.

Another possibility is that your 240D came with Euro lights from the
PO and you just never noticed...? If they're sealed beams, they're not
Euros. If you can replace the bulb (probably H4), they are likely
Euro, or at least an advanced DOT light.

:)

+dm

Yahoo! Photos
 Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays,
whatever.
From [EMAIL PROTECTED] Wed Jan 18 00:28:18 2006