On Jan 17, 2006, at 4:17 PM, Curt Raymond wrote:

Okay, I've been trying to hold back but, what is it about "improved" lighting? I have absolutely no problem with the standard headlights in my 240D and I pretty much can't imagine why I'd need more light. I almost never use the highbeams now...

Take a drive up the Taconic Parkway in NY some time on a moonless night. The deer will thank you. DOT lights used to be the worst choice. Modern regs allow for better lighting. My guess is that you do not have super human vision just nothing to compare your experience to. Euro lights RAWK!!

AND on many occasions other cars with their obnoxiously bright headlights have me ducking down in my seat so my eyes don't get burned by their headlights in the rearview or even sideview mirrors. Don't even get me started on those dammed driving lights.

    There is such a thing as courtesy. Some people are............